This class is the second one in the practicum series. It continues from the previous beginner and elementary and addresses some of the challenges and difficulties that students face when transiting from elementary to late elementary or intermediate level:
- Learning obstacles that cause a student's progress to slow down or want to quit.
- Struggle with playing up to tempo with good quality tone and control.
- Technical aspects: fingers independency and dexterity, hands coordination, balance, playing chords with voicing, etc.
- Teaching scales and arpeggios
- Reading and rhythmic counting issues
- Musical phrasing and dynamic control
- Effective pedaling
- Memorization and practice strategies
- Siting limitation: each class will only accept 3-5 participants to better address individual concerns
- Class format: seminar with lecture and group discussion
- Length: 75 minutes
- Location: Sunnyvale studio, CA
- Frequency: Four classes every two weeks. Participants will have the opportunity to review and experiment what we have discussed in the class.
Please contact me 408.675.9896 for detail information and enrollment.
Post a Comment