It is very exciting to collaborate with MTAC Santa Clara branch to offer a series of Pedagogy Practicum Seminars. This seminar is designed specifically for teachers. It focuses on practical pedagogical approach in a systematic sequence that covers various teaching aspects from beginner-advanced levels.
The first seminar contains six-week sessions and focuses on beginner to elementary stages. It will include the following contents but not limited to those topics. Teachers can also apply these teaching techniques to intermediate and transferring students.
• Fundamental techniques that help fix awkward hand position and playing issues
• Sight-reading and rhythmic counting
• Build musicality from the very beginning
• Understand students' learning behaviors for effective teaching
• Survey method books and assign performance repertoire
• Various teaching approaches (e.g., rote)
Each session includes a lecture following by a group discussion to address individual concerns. It is 90 minutes in length and will meet once a week for a consecutive of six weeks.
The first seminar session: registration is at first come first serve basis
Date: September 17 – October 22, 2019.
Time: Tuesday at 10:30 am – 12 pm
Location: Greene Music recital hall, San Jose.
Registration deadline: Please send in your registration form and payment by 9/4 to Michael Eldridge (his address is on the enrollment form)