"Scales and Arpeggios": in this session, we will explore
- the thumb rotation techniques that allow students to play evenly without twisting and turning!
- Fingering groups will help students to learn the fingerings from the understanding of "when to cross over and under without the need to read the fingerings printed on the page!
"Pedagogy Seminar for the Intermediate Students": teachers can review the seminar on Youtube.
- Fundamental Techniques for Tension-Free Playing: This topic is in high demand and the most popular among the workshops I presented. It provides a systematic approach that enhances your teaching and students' playing! It has been featured in both the MTAC convention and the CSUEB piano pedagogy symposium. I will discuss challenging techniques such as ornamentations, balance, pedals, and coordination that target intermediate-level techniques.
- Standard repertoire literature survey
- Practice skills and habits
- Performance preparation and anxiety issues
- Group discussion: great for deep diving into individual concerns
- Online lessons and studio management