It is exciting to resume the Piano Pedagogy Seminar for our branch this coming fall 2022. This seminar will be both online and in-person and focus on the INTERMEDIATE level, approximate CM levels 3-7!! Topics explored include:
- Techniques for Tension-Free Playing: This topic is in high demand and the most popular one among the workshops I presented. It provides a systematic approach that enhances your teaching and your students' playing! It has been featured in both the MTAC convention and the CSUEB piano pedagogy symposium. I will discuss challenging techniques such as ornamentations, balance, pedals, and coordination that target the intermediate level of playing.
- Standard repertoire literature survey
- Teaching demonstration: explore and share teaching approaches on specific challenging pieces or sections.
- Practice skills and habits
- Performance preparation and anxiety issues
- Group discussion: great for deep diving into individual concerns
- Online lessons and studio management